Why Mitt Romney is “Unlikable”
<<< Posted on sodahead.com, June 5, 2012>>>
A lot is being said in the media about Mitt Romney not being “likable” or that he doesn’t “relate” well to people. We struggled to understand why… He is after all, drop dead handsome, has a beautiful wife; isn’t that enough to ensure popularity for most Americans? So after much research, we have come up with a Top Ten list to explain this unlikability.
Top Ten Reasons To Dislike Mitt Romney…
1. Successful, self-made businessman. (Dad didn’t give him a hand-out… he and Ann had to make it on their own).
2. Been married to ONE woman his entire life, and has been FAITHFUL to her.
3. No scandals or skeletons in his closet. (How boring is that?)
4. Can’t speak in a fake southern black preacher voice when necessary.
5. Knows the real meaning of giving service to his fellow man and quietly shows it in his everyday life.
6. Has pots of money (made it all himself) and since nobody else in this country has any desire to have pots of money. We don’t like him!!!
7. Has a family of great boys; none of them are in drug rehab.
8. Doesn’t smoke (even in secret), drink alcohol, or do drugs (not even in college, where other people were NOT inhaling)
9. Represents an America of “yesterday”, where people believed in God, went to Church, didn’t screw around, worked hard, and became a success!
10. He’s a Mormon. The religion that teaches its members to be clean-living, patriotic, fiscally conservative, charitable, self-reliant, honest, upright and moral!
One more point… Pundits say because of his wealth, he can’t relate to ordinary Americans. I guess that’s because he made that money all by himself, as opposed to marrying it (as in John Kerry) or inheriting it from Dad (as in Jack, Robert & Ted Kennedy.)
We didn’t understand that actually working at a job and earning your own money made you unrelatable to Americans…Strange.
Note: Sodahead.com is a popular blog site where a variety of topics are posted with 75,000 likes on Facebook.